Dining Services Coordinator
Roanoke College seeks a dedicated, reliable employee who enjoys working on diverse activities that assist the Dining Services department. This position provides clerical, accounting, operational, and secretarial support and serves as a representative of Roanoke College. Dining Services employees must display courtesy, courtesy, tact and respect in all interactions with our students, members of the RC community, and with the general public.
- Provide a broad range of administrative and accounting support for all of Dining Services, which includes the Cavern, Rooney’s Brews, Concessions, and Catering.
- Responsible for updating the Blackboard cash / card reader registers, running daily reports, and insuring daily deposits are processed.
- Responsible for proper invoicing and maintaining of files for accounts receivable (invoicing) and payable, including catering.
- Manages timekeeping of Dining Services staff and student employees that includes preparing and distributing employee schedules, as well as maintaining electronic time records and troubleshooting payroll issues with Human Resources and Payroll.
- Manage vending staff, ensuring reimbursements from Pepsi and Canteen are correct, as well as ensuring timely equipment maintenance from Pepsi, Canteen, and Caldwell & Gregory Laundry Systems.
- Processes monthly tax payments, Credit Card Reconciliation & Petty Cash Reimbursements.
- Responsible for MBAR reporting for Roanoke College ABC license.
- Assemble weekly catering packets for distribution to insure all events are accounted for.
- Prints and distributes the weekly Dining Service menus and posts information on the web page.
- Submits employment paperwork for staff and student employees of the department.
- Supervises the part-time Clerical Assistant position.
- At least three years of responsible administrative experience in a high-volume business.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Timekeeping experience required.
- Blackboard operating systems for meal plans and registers (training provided).
- Knowledge of the college accounting systems for billing (training provided).